Keri Tomenko began studying the violin, Suzuki Method at age 3. She continued studying music through college and graduate school earning first a BA in Music, Washington Adventist University, Takoma Park, MD and then a MM in Violin Performance with an Emphasis in Suzuki Pedagogy from the University of Maryland. While in the specialized graduate program, Keri was a teacher and administrator of the University of Maryland’s Suzuki Violin Preparatory Program.
Keri has studied privately with Gerald Fischbach, James Stern, and Ronda Cole. Teacher training mentors include Ronda Cole, John Kendall, Ed Kreitman, Carrie Reuning, Dorothy Jones and Sharon Jones. Keri has registered teacher training in Suzuki Volumes 1-10 as well as Practicum, Every Can Can, Suzuki Principles in Action, and Suzuki Early Childhood Education.
Keri is on the teaching faculty of the Greater Washington Suzuki Institute. She has been a clinician for many schools and festivals. Keri served on the Suzuki Association of the Greater Washington Area Board of Directors 2008-2013. Keri is currently adjunct music faculty of Washington Adventist University, Takoma Park, MD and maintains a private violin studio at her home in Takoma Park.
The Keri Tomenko Music Studio frequently performs recitals, concerts, and participates in our Washington DC Suzuki Association festivals and institute. Some concert highlights include the Fourth of July Takoma Park Parade and a performance at the White House.
- Masters of Music degree in Violin Performance, May 2003
Emphasis in Suzuki Pedagogy
University of Maryland
- Violin Book 2, Ed Kreitman, 2016
- Enrichment Course, Terry Durbin, 2015
- Suzuki Early Childhood Education, Dorothy Jones, Sharon Jones 2011
- Suzuki Principles in Action, Gail Lange 2011
- Violin Practicuum, Ronda Cole 2003
- Violin Books 8-10, Ronda Cole 2003
- Every Child Can, Carrie Reuning 2003
- Violin Books 2-7, Ronda Cole 2002
- Violin Foundation 1A and 1B, Ronda Cole 2001
- Violin Book 2, Carrie Reuning 1996
- Violin Book 1, Stevie Sandven 1994
- Keri Tomenko Violin Studio, Takoma Park, MD 2005-Present
- Greater Washington Suzuki Institute, Violin Faculty, 2007-Present
- Adjunct Faculty, Washington Adventist University, Takoma Park, MD 2003-Present
- New England Symphonic Ensemble, Takoma Park, MD 1993-Present
- Suzuki Association of the Greater Washington Area, Board of Directors 2008-2013
- Director, Suzuki Program, Flint Hill School, Oakton VA 2003-2011
- Program Director and Violin Teacher, Suzuki Preparatory at the University of Maryland 2001-2003
- Director, Suzuki Program, Spencerville Adventist Academy, Silver Spring, MD 1994-2006